Tuesday, December 3, 2013

12.3.13

Objective:
I can determine two or more central ideas of a text, and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to provide a complex analysis; I can provide an objective summary of the text.



1.  Launch
2.  Activating Prior Knowledge:

  • Yesterday we read about ________
  • I predict that __________
  • It seems to me that __________

3.  Building Background Knowledge:
    3a.  child mortality rate: the rate at which children die (it is high in Africa, many children die from diseases/etc)
    3b.  vocabulary: audacity, mutilation
4.  Read Chapter 9
    4a.  Chapter 9 PLP
5.  Exit ticket: Extension


Homework:
Don't forget that your Reading Journal is due tomorrow, for chapters 8 and 9!
Resubmit your first Embedded Assessment!  The Graphic Organizer I've compiled for you will help you improve on your previous submission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment