Monday, April 28, 2014

4.28.14


Objective:
I can research my social justice topic, and evaluate the credibility of a source, using tone, bias, and author.
I can collect evidence (quote, paraphrase, summary) to answer a guiding research question that I have devised.
I can draft my thesis statement, including subject, claim, and summary of main points.
I can organize my essay into body paragraphs, capturing the progression of ideas through the evidence I've collected.

1.  Launch
     1a.  When you are finished, read your Lit Circle book
2.  Announcements and reminders:
     2a.  Extra credit opportunity
     2b.  Lit Circle Journal Entry #3
3.  Review of expectations for final essay
    3a.  Assessment Rubric
    3b.  Citations:  Works Cited, versus in-text
4.  Exemplars:
     4a.  Ms. G's Exemplar (A+)
     4b.  Exemplar on FGM
     4c.  Exemplar on Gender Inequality
     4d.  Exemplar on Police Brutality
5.  Final Draft Template
    5a.  Expository Research Outline
6.  Exit Ticket (Submission form for comments)


Resource Bank:
Homework:  Read your Lit Circle books -- your next Lit Circle will be this Friday, May 2nd.



Extra Credit:  Read Malala's speech to the United Nations, and write a response using the language of defend/challenge/qualify.  Please make it 6 to 8 sentences in length, and draw from personal experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment